We made caramel apples last night in honor of Halloween tomorrow. So simple and always a crowd pleaser!
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 12 small apples, washed and dried, stems removed
- 2 (9.5-ounce) bags soft caramel candies, unwrapped (we used Kraft Classic Caramels)
- 1/4 cup pulp-free orange juice
- 12 craft or thick wooden sticks (we used popsicle sticks)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Insert the craft sticks halfway into the stem-ends of the apples.In a medium saucepan, over low heat, combine the caramel candies and orange juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the candies have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
Set aside to cool for 2 minutes. Dip the apples in the caramel until coated. ** The dipping was the trickiest part. We found that spooning extra caramel on top of the apple after they were dipped ensured that the entire surface was covered!
Line up the dipped apples on the on the parchment paper until firm, about 4 hours.
Share & enjoy!