Packing my bag, multiple pounds are due to a few of these books. I am also bringing my kindle but who knows how long that battery charge will last on the 18 hour plane ride. I have made sure I will not be without reading material for the full two weeks…
1. A House in the Sky/Amanda Lindhout/ A new addition to my list, this is the story of an intrepid young woman and her search for compassion in the face of unimaginable adversity once she is captured and held hostage.
2. You Knew Me When/Emily Liebert/My light read for Thailand beach time. Summed up in the tag line “Best friends forever until life got in the way“.
3. The Goldfinch/ Donna Tartt/I have heard mixed reviews of this one. I am taking it on my trip and will report back once I have read all 771 pages.
4. Dearie/Bob Spitz/ My mama sent this to me last month, I finished it about a week after it arrived in the mail. I devoured My Life in France and Dearie only deepens my love of all things Julia related.
5. Play It as It Lays/Joan Didion/A ruthless dissection of American life in the late 1960s. Quick and worth a read to discover the messy tale that is the life of Maria.